Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller id on all incoming calls for over two weeks

Grammo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here is my full diary of events which ended I think by getting scammed, hopefully that part has ended. Not that I am an idiot but understandingly getting caught out. So I got moved by virgin to O2 about 4 months ago with no say in the matter. That's what virgins limit of loyalty to their customers were. 

Screenshot_20231007-210417.png

Screenshot_20231008-031712.png

Screenshot_20231001-031921.png

Screenshot_20231007-113140.png

 So going back 3 weeks ago I suddenly ran out of data which my tariff was unlimited data, calls and messages. At that point I was using the virgin sim. I got in touch with O2 Customer service and calls which took 5 times longer than they should have been through customer service because of their poor vocabulary. They said the issue was the virgin sim and send me a new O2 sim to solve the problem. It did solve the problem but upon changing the sims 2 weeks ago I noticed that all of my incoming calls were showing up "Unknown". I contacted o2 CS last Saturday and told them of the new issue which after about an hour on the phone came to the conclusion that the new O2 sim card was faulty and therefore send me another sim card. I received that on Tuesday and as I went to swap sims over, when putting the necessary digit code and forward to O2 on my sim that was being replaced noticed that the message wouldn't send. This was because at earlier at work I had completely lost the signal at work and home. So I contacted O2 CS again but on my landline this time regarding the activation of my new sim, I asked if he would mind phoning me back because of the landline charges and mid week hourly costs. That he didn't fulfil whether through ignorance or lack of understanding. That call took over an hour until we found out that it was activated. I thanked the Cs and ended the call. When I came off my landline I then phoned 3 friends who I have in my contacts on my mobile phone to get them to ring me up on my mobile to see if their names came up. All three separate numbers as well as my landline phoning my mobile all once again showing up as "unknown". So I got into contact with Customer service again and explaining to your employee that the incoming calls were showing up the same. To my utmost surprise he only was bothered about the data which was not the problem that needed sorting out in the first place and before I could open my mouth and explain once again the issue he hung up on me saying that the data was sorted. So basically I have been on the phone over the last three weeks to the o2 customer support around 5 hours in total and got absolutely nowhere in solving. My main reason for worry was the fact that my sister who is 76 years old and suffers with Cerebral Palsy often falls over due to her illness and she has to call me to go and lift her up many times and understandably so. With my job being loud sometimes I won't here a call straight away but often check. Now when at work if I don't manage to answer I don't have any idea of who has phoned and therefore every call I miss I am now having to phone my sister just to make sure. So with all this going on for as long as it has and still unsolved understandingly is causing me a big problem, therefore when I got the call yesterday naturally with the hours of calls to O2 and them saying that because of all the hassle they have brought on me they were going to give me a free gift which they said was a new phone and for the next year I only have to pay £10 a month tariff I took it as a good will gesture and gave them details with no doubt. It was only after them sending me a so many digit number which again thought nothing of giving to them. When on the phone to the scam every time they asked me for the numbers the screen would go blank every time I took it away from my ear. Eventually after many times trying to see the code to give and I only managed to see that because it was at the bottom of the message. After the call finished my screen went back to normal and I for the first time could see the whole message and the warning that no O2 employees would ever ask for that number. I then knew. However if my ongoing issue which I see many people had the same problem had got sorted in the first place none of this would have occurred 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Grammo - the issue with your "Unknown" callers is known to affect customers moved from VM to O2.

There is a new fix that O2 have devised to address this issue: O2 need to add a "CLI" bolt on to your account.

Call again and insist it is added - it is a free-of-charge bolt on.

pgn_0-1696751442367.png

Good luck, @Grammo.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Grammo - the issue with your "Unknown" callers is known to affect customers moved from VM to O2.

There is a new fix that O2 have devised to address this issue: O2 need to add a "CLI" bolt on to your account.

Call again and insist it is added - it is a free-of-charge bolt on.

pgn_0-1696751442367.png

Good luck, @Grammo.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Grammo 

You need to call O2 and ask the to apply the CLI (Caller Line Identity) Presentation Facility bolt on to your account.

This will identify all callers on your account.

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 202 (Contract)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Cleoriff_0-1696751582901.jpeg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any chance this can be pinned on the forum, or is it possible that O2 could go blanket apply this setting to all accounts? There is no charge to customer

for this. I shared this solution and I hope also by this point that your 1st line customer services and support people are fully aware of the fix. 

Message 4 of 8

pgn
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Kosmos5457 wrote:

Is there any chance this can be pinned on the forum, or is it possible that O2 could go blanket apply this setting to all accounts? There is no charge to customer

for this. I shared this solution and I hope also by this point that your 1st line customer services and support people are fully aware of the fix. 

@Dave-O2 , any chance of enacting @Kosmos5457's request above? The 'pinned post' bit I mean! 😎

Message 5 of 8

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

@Kosmos5457 @pgn This topic has now been pinned on the Tech Support board 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 6 of 8

Wiki12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 can someone help me with this issue, I am at the end of my tether! Exactly the same as the users above, called customer services over half a dozen times and nobody has a clue how to fix it. 10 days later and still not even a response from tech support...

Customer services advised that the CLI presentation facility does not exist!

Please can someone help?

Message 7 of 8

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

@Wiki12 Thanks for the tag 👍

So i can take a closer look at what's happening, can you please drop me a PM with some more details?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 8