Did you mean: 

No Signal

Khatru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, folks

I'm now well into my second day without a signal.  

I've checked the network status on the O2 page and it says that a nearby phone mast isn't working as it should and their engineers are on the case.

This is the same message that was up yesterday and putting it simply, I don't believe them.  

Does anyone have any idea when O2 will resolve this issue?

thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123589 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Khatru wrote:

Hi, folks

Maybe it takes time for the network to get up to speed.

Thanks, though

@Khatru 

You are correct. If a mast has been down for a long time not everyone starts getting back to normal at the same time. It may take a bit longer for you. Hopefully not too long though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23302 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

@Khatru This is not O2. This is a customer community. We have no access to repair information. If the network status is saying O2 is aware of the situation, that's all you'll get for now. They will not post a timeline for the repair.

In the meantime, use WiFi calling if you can: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10826 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 351 Solutions

Unfortunately this may be delayed for many reasons. @Khatru 

We wouldn't know here at the community forum but many issues occur such as : parts unavailable. Technicians busy. Masts damaged from vandalism.

At least the message says o2 are aware and trying to fix it.

Hope all is well soon

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123589 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Khatru 

Download the My Network App. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

You will get up to date info and be able to report issues.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Khatru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, folks

Thanks for your responses.  Apologies for not replying sooner but my lousy internet connection (I've been offline for nine days) is only now beginning to come back.

i did get a text message from O2 saying that the problem has been fixed.  It hasn't' as despite rebooting my phone, I've still got no service.

Thanks, though

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123589 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Khatru wrote:

Hi, folks

Thanks, though

@Khatru 

You are correct. If a mast has been down for a long time not everyone starts getting back to normal at the same time. It may take a bit longer for you. Hopefully not too long though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6699 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 24 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 108 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If a site is taken (or falls) off-air, you lose coverage from it immediately, there's no taper. Similarly, when a site is brought on-air, then subject to any stability tweaks (optimisation) it is providing coverage immediately and should start taking traffic in the same timescale.

When phones lose coverage, they will initially search frequently but then over time decrease the intensity of searching for a signal. So if a particular location doesn't have any overlapping coverage and is reliant on one site.. then this is why some phones will take longer than others to recover from an extended outage.

There's a popular misconception that sites take time to come back up "at full power" or similar. That is a misunderstanding.

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123589 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

I wasnt inferring it takes time to come up to full power. We had a mast down recently and 3 members of my family, all with O2, did not come back online at the same time when it was fixed.

My husband was first, i was a couple of hours after him and my son was 8 hrs after us. All in the same house, same postcode etc. None of us working (so not leaving the property)

When I give an answer, it's often based on my own experience.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9