Bdebz79
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Please can someone help me. 

I got a pac code from EE to leave them.

Bought an O2 PAYG sim.

Rang O2 customer services and they said yes we can move my old number across. Asked for details and pac code etc. We complete the porting form over the phone and O2 say it will go through in 24 hours. They try to up sell a pay monthly contract which is "just a bit more than my PAYG monthly payment for more data". I say no thank you. Just want pay as you go. They eventually agree after pushing this 4 times.

4 days later nothing has happened. Ring O2 again and they say the transfer of my number failed due to a technical error. Tell me to give details again and they will do it again. Again try to up sell to an amazing 12 contract for more money. Again I say no thank you repeatedly.

Again 3 days later nothing so I ring back again am told by EE that it was a technical error again and to do the form again. We do it again over the phone. 24 hours later my EE number stopped working. Great I thought. All sorted. How wrong I was. I put my O2 sim in and find it hasn't transferred. Gave it another 24 hours turning on and off and still my EE number hadn't transferred.

I ring O2 again. They said it again was a technical error and that they need to fill the form again! I have now been without my own number for 5 days by this point.

I am disabled, waiting on urgent waiting list for surgery. I cannot log into anything online that I need as it has two step verification with my original number that doesnt now work. 

I ring EE and they say that it ported over on 23/6 and is now definitely with O2. They put this in writing. 

Ring back O2 and again they say to complete a form. I eventually lose the plot, explaining that I am disabled with no access to my online medical sites without my number and waiting for hospital to ring for urgent surgery. They transfer me finally to someone else. I speak to someone who says they will help and can I wait on hold while they sort it. I sit on hold for over 2 hours and eventually presume they must have forgotten about me. My son re rings O2 from his phone. Someone tells me something must have gone wrong and to end my on hold call and they will sort it. Again I get transferred. Finally someone tells me that my number is with O2 but the PAC is locked and they will sort getting it unlocked so I can have my number hopefully tonight. Very apologetic but say they will sort it. I am exhausted, worried but now relieved.

They say that do have to put me on hold but they won't make me wait long and will come back shortly. I am on hold 10 mins and then an automated voice says "you have been kicked from this conference call" before the line goes dead. At my wits end. 

So I ring back again. The customer service person says they will not put me through to anyone and that if I want my number I have to agree to pay monthly for a year. I explain I do not want pay monthly and that I have a PAYG sim which I have topped up. They say that EE is at fault and the only way O2 will now transfer number is to buy into an O2 monthly contract for a year. I burst into tears and end up having to end the call. 

I just don't know what to do. I cannot access my online secure sites that need the code they send to my mobile, I cannot recieve calls as my number doesn't work. Cannot receive calls from hospital, docs, home support. Cannot access online banking without my code.

Please can someone help me. Please.

Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bdebz79
Level 3: Thinker
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @O2Emma for sorting this, and everyone else for their help. My original number has been ported. The relief is massive to be able to access my medical accounts again and get surgery updates. So pleased. 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10215 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Bdebz79 

Looks like o2 have started to employ the same commission grabbing Virgin Media Call Centre operators, which is a shame 

Let me tag @O2Ryan who is on in the morning to see if he can help, look out for a private message from him

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 39

AndyMyles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just had the exact same thing. Tried to transfer daughter's old contract number to a new PAYG O2 SIM and customer rep kep insisting he could only do as contract - but only once the PAC code had informed him the old number was a contract. I told him no thanks - I'd have bought a contract SIM if I wanted that - and ended up being unable to transfer number as I refused to go for a contract and he refused to transfer as PAYG (if I find a contract has been set up against the credit card I topped-up the PAYG card with it's talking to the police time).It was onvious it wasn't really "the rules" that an old contract number had to stranser to a new O2 contract as he first insisted it had to be one year, which was suddenly able to drop to 6 months at a cheaper price when I kept telling him very firmly "NO!!!" to his contract nonsense. Surely it cann;t be true that a contract number can only transfer to a contract as this joker kept insisting?

Message 3 of 39

Bdebz79
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. Just would never have done this if I had known. It is literally making me ill. 

Message 4 of 39

Bdebz79
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I wonder whether we had the same guy on the phone or whether it is their normal practice to force people into a contract that they don't want. 

Message 5 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Bdebz79 wrote:

I wonder whether we had the same guy on the phone or whether it is their normal practice to force people into a contract that they don't want. 

Perfectly normal for Virgin which are now running customer service for O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 39

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 7 of 39

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Going to mention @Martin-O2 and @Breanna so they can get in touch and take some details.

Refusing to help with a PAC/number port just because you are on PAYG is not on, and the advisors need some more training...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 39

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Going to mention @Martin-O2 and @Breanna so they can get in touch and take some details.

Refusing to help with a PAC/number port just because you are on PAYG is not on, and the advisors need some more training...

Totally agree @gmarkj. Quite appalling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 39

AndyMyles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please keep me in the loop in any developments. I was absolutely astounded at the advisor's point-blank refusal to port my daughter's old number as PAYG.

I know this isn't an official O2 forum, but given that this seems to be customer service policy, I think this is the sort of stuff that really needs an official O2 position statement. Is it possible to get such a thing here? Though if I was them I'd be ashamed to admit to this publically if it is just a commission-grab scam.

Cheers,

Andy

Message 10 of 39