Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pixel 6 seems to have a lock code sent - can’t get in

Digitalgareth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just received my ‘new’ Pixel 6 but I can’t get into it as it seems to have a pin set. It’s very odd that there’s no first time set up sort of thing…..

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Sounds like the best course of action, @Digitalgareth - O2 do sell refurbished phones, but they are clearly labelled as such. Best time to call is around 08:15, and the Sales Team's freefone number is 0800 081 0255. You can also reach the Sales team via Social Media channels as shown just below this post. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Info here on how to factory reset as Google phone using the power and volume buttons, @Digitalgareth - make sure it is the problem phone: everything goes!

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/4596836?hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Cwith-your-phones-buttons-adva...

Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

Digitalgareth
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks... But it's now wanting the pin of the account that the phone was registered to before the reset.

I'm guessing it's not a new phone and I'll be calling O2 tomorrow to complain 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Sounds like the best course of action, @Digitalgareth - O2 do sell refurbished phones, but they are clearly labelled as such. Best time to call is around 08:15, and the Sales Team's freefone number is 0800 081 0255. You can also reach the Sales team via Social Media channels as shown just below this post. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4