Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection in spain

MV3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I’m currently in Seville, and I don’t get any network outside the hotel.  Appreciate it if you could look into this for me. 

Thanks

Margaret

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35785 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

This is not O2, but a customer community. If you have rebooted your phone, manually selected the local network, checked the APN is set correctly, ensured data roaming is enabled, then see if any of the tips in here help: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? And Guide: Roaming MegaGuide - then your next bet is to try O2 Social Media Team, links just below this post. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
  • 35785 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

This is not O2, but a customer community. If you have rebooted your phone, manually selected the local network, checked the APN is set correctly, ensured data roaming is enabled, then see if any of the tips in here help: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? And Guide: Roaming MegaGuide - then your next bet is to try O2 Social Media Team, links just below this post. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3

pgn
  • 35785 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

And the APN in your SIM settings, Access Point Name, for O2 should normally be 'mobile.o2.co.uk', @MV3 

Check your mobile data settings show the apn as mobile.o2.co.uk if not then change it. 

2. Check Mobile Data whilst Roaming is switched on. 

3. Try a different network by searching manually through the options available where you are.

4. Step your phone down from 5G, if it is so set, to 3G or 4G to help get paired with a roaming partners network, then step it back up again.

Movistar was the Spanish one most prevalent when I was last there about 3 years ago. Hope you get connected - the Mega Guide I posted earlier has some good info in the PAYG section, not sure if it covers APN settings tho. 👍

Message 3 of 3