Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIGHTMARE PORTING FROM TESCO/02 TO EE

baxter2011
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the 17th March 2024 I moved to EE from Tesco.  Today 07/04/2024 my mobile number IS STILL not ported over completely! Tesco have done their bit and the rest lies with 02.  EE have liaised time and time again with 02 to complete the transfer of files.  It is simply not happening and I am at my wits end with it!😫 Though I can text and call I cannot receive them.  This is an absolute nightmare when using the Doctors, hospital appointments, prescriptions etc.....the list goes on.  I feel like I am at the mercy of 02, and as a customer leaving I feel that I am at the bottom of their priority list.  Anyone been in this situation, any help or advice will be so very greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

O2 don't handle anything to do with Tesco. They have their own systems and own bank of numbers when it comes to transfer of numbers  O2 won't handle it 

Sounds like a split port where all the necessary files have not gone across or not been applied

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry but it's between EE and Tesco to sort out

Nothing at all to do with O2

Message 3 of 6

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Your point of contact is your current provider, in this case EE. Once you have provided them with your PAC, your dealings with O2 end.

All networks have processes to deal with porting issues, recipient networks liaise with donor networks directly and at no point should any customer contact their donor network.

I also concur that if your donor provider is Tesco, then it's upto them to deal with their host network if necessary. "Off-script" support escalations are one area I would never be surprised to see MVNO's struggle, though.

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

Your point of contact is your current provider, in this case EE. Once you have provided them with your PAC, your dealings with O2 end.

If this is a port from Tesco to EE @japitts, I cannot see how the OP had any dealings with O2 to bring to an end. 

I appreciate that Tesco are a MVNO on the O2 network, but an end-user should not have dealings with the MVNO's host network ?    

Message 5 of 6

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

@japitts wrote:

If this is a port from Tesco to EE @japitts, I cannot see how the OP had any dealings with O2 to bring to an end. 

I appreciate that Tesco are a MVNO on the O2 network, but an end-user should not have dealings with the MVNO's host network ?    

I agree.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards-Porting/SWITCHED-FROM-TESCO-TO-EE-ON-THE-**Personal info**24... 

Message 6 of 6