Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED PAC CODE OVER MAIL

Stuti
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a problem with my O2 SIM and have stopped receiving texts on my phone. I have been to an O2 shop, spoken to several members of the tech support team and customer services, and have been running from pillar to post for the last two weeks, every time I have been spending hours discussing the issue over the phone but there hasn't been any resolution so far. I have decided to switch away from O2 but need to transfer this number for which I need a PAC code and to my surprise, everyone I speak to within O2 seems to say a PAC code can only be sent over a text. Now that my phone is unable to receive texts and the issue persists, I cannot get the PAC code over text. Can anyone here confirm if there is a way to obtain the PAC code over an email?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145050 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Stuti 

Get it from your MyO2 Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Stuti 

You just need to ring them and ask for a PAC Code and it can be given over the phone, now trying to get an agent to do this is another issue. 

If you have access to myo2, then you can request it from there as well..

Have a look at this guide Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

Stuti
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have called to ask for the code over the phone, but the customer service agent said it can't be given over the phone. I also tried to reciece it from myo2, however they only offer the option of it being sent over a text so no luck.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145050 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Stuti 

If it's a phone issue, put your sim in another phone and / or check guide here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6377 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Stuti 

And if it's a SIM issue, did you ask the O2 retail store to do a SIM-swap ? 

Message 6 of 10

LizAbe
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have been treating awfully by o2, and I cannot receive/send text messages phone calls.  After ringing so many times for a PAC code, I finally got one today.  I went through to customer services and then they transferred me to the retention team, who gave me the PAC code verbally, I confirmed it around 5 times so we will see if it works. 

But o2 are lying when they say they cannot provide a PAC code verbally. Wish you all the luck, I know its not easy and how stressful it is speaking to them. 

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
  • 6377 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@LizAbe 

Before you use that PAC code, you might want to see if anything here solves your problems :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

It would be a shame if you were to leave when we might have guidance that enables you to solve your issues. 

Message 8 of 10

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

dont bother trying to resolve anything with this awful horrible company, period.

PAC 100% can be given over email thats registered to the account, but they will lie to you on the phone, happened to me telling me I cant get it until I reconnect. LIES. 

get pac get out . period. read their reviews on other sites as sometimes here theres a bias in replies defending o2.

They have no shame. End of.

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 6377 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@La11 

The regular posters on this forum are very aware of O2's failings and often make reference to them - issues with general Customer Service, network coverage and payments and billing being three examples that have been raised repeatedly in the past few weeks. 

However, the regular posters do try to offer constructive advice as to how to resolve issues and to move forward.  

One issue that you are overlooking is the general state of Customer Service across the UK mobile network operators. O2's offer might be mediocre, but it is probably no better and no worse than the Customer Service offered by its competitors. You only need to look at the customer communities of the other networks to get a flavour of the problems that their customers are facing.  

Message 10 of 10