Did you mean: 

My phone shows no caller

Ian85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning,

I seem to have an account issue where my phone shows No Caller ID on incoming calls.

I have had multiple issues previously with “not registered on network” but this current issue has gone on for a while now and reading online seems to be an account issue.

The SIM is on a staff deal and the number was ported across from a previous network.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Ian85 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Ian85 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

SimonB-Suffolk
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get this fixed, o2 have been trying to fix my account since January.. I have incident ticket number etc. so frustrating and impacts  me as I have no idea who is calling inc spam calls. Other carrier sims work fine and so o2 text messages. Just about to pull plug on o2 and go with EE, but thought I’d give the tree one last shake

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@SimonB-Suffolk 
I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Sarah- who will be on tomorrow from 8am.

Hopefully she will be able to help. Please come back to your post tomorrow as @O2Sarah- will send you a private message so she can access your account.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good Morning 

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@SimonB-Suffolk I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 5 of 9

SimonB-Suffolk
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PM received - and response sent

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- (and that was quick @SimonB-Suffolk) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

SimonB-Suffolk
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes thanks for your help - I have been o2/Cellnet  customer since the mid 90s - it would be a shame for me to need to move elsewhere because my o2 account ceases to technically work correctly  with my iPhone after all these years. Fingers crossed.

I appreciate the PMs here from the o2 support employees and their offer to help - but it can't be  great customer service to need to go this level of escalation when I have already reported the issue and received an incident ticket - but even then only after I was told they had found that others had similar issues. Hopefully someone at o2 is looking at improving customer service for when things don't work - its pretty poor currently.

Message 8 of 9

SimonB-Suffolk
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to close down on this - o2 finally fixed their fault about three weeks back. However there was no clarity of what the issue was, other than an o2 fault,  despite requesting, no apology for the 4 months of unreliable/ not possible incoming calls - and I then discovered that aspects of the account silently got reset - like all voice mail settings - no warning or mention of this or risk of this to check - despite my asking. To cap it all o2 removed my loyalty bonus I had been receiving in recognition I had previously been paying too much for an old Tarif on roll over - I realise that this is discretionary but seemed an insensitive time to do it...  I asked o2 would they not want to give me some sort of compensation for sticking with them for 4 months whilst they fixed their fault and I had only a partial service .. .the response was there is nothing in their terms and conditions that requires them to do that ... not quite what I asked.

I decided to leave because of the lack of reliable and useful customer information to this matter and their arrogant and dismissive way of dealing with me - and they then wanted to charge me for leaving my contract 3 days early!!!!

I do thank the support of those on this thread - and those that helped get this fault on the radar with o2 in the first  place, specifically o2Sarah

So the account that I have held since the early 90s  (Cellnet, o2, Virgin o2) will be closing today - and my number porting away.

It's a shame, o2 has lost a long term reliable customer simply through one of the most frustrating, superficial, and arrogant customer service experiences  I have experienced. 

Cheers

Message 9 of 9