Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill

1samtheman2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone signal keeps going from 4G to H+ almost every minute..

I've changed my sim 4 times and my phone 3 times so it must be you.

I changed my settings 6 times and factory reset my current phone.

I haven't paid my bill because you refuse to correct the problem .

When I talk to some people I just get cut off because of the terrible signal.

I'm not and refuse to pay for a crap useless service

My number

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

1samtheman2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

4 phones 5 sim cards done a factory reset and rest my Internet and reset everything..my phones keep going from 4G to H+ almost every minute especially on phone calls .... cancelled my DD as sick of paying for a bad service 

Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36172 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Signal issues are not uncommon, all mobile operators are susceptible - see if this helps you: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Also if you have good WiFi at home and have a compatible handset, see if you can enable WiFi Calling on your handset: https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

This is not O2, you need to reach out to O2 via Social Media, link below has the ways, or via 202.

Flagged to remove your number from this public forum. Good luck, @1samtheman2.

Message 3 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36172 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Whilst this is a duplicate post, it does say you have cancelled your DD, which means that when O2 cannot get their money next month, you will start to incur non-payment charges.  If the situation continues, your details will be handed over to a debt collection agency, a course of action that will impact your credit record and make it harder for you to get credit or loans as a result.

Please talk to O2, re-instate your direct debit, and perhaps investigate what it would cost to cancel your contract and switch to another provider that offers better service in your area. Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

As a tip, get hold of PAYG SIMs from other networks, and try them out for a month before committing to another contract. Good luck, @1samtheman2.

Message 4 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5964 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@1samtheman2 

Unfortunately, the T&Cs that you signed up to when joining O2 don't guarantee you good service, and in fact, they don't guarantee you any service at all. They is the same across all of the UK's mobile network operators. This seems unfair, but the alternative to not agreeing to them is to have no mobile 'phone at all.   

Apart from very isolated, rural areas, most parts of the UK have decent mobile service from one of the providers. @pgn has described how to ascertain which is the network for you.  

Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5964 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@1samtheman2 

It's not a good idea to refuse to pay as that will lead to issues with debt collectors and your credit rating. 

Unfortunately, the T&Cs that you signed up to when joining O2 don't guarantee you good service, and in fact, they don't guarantee you any service at all. They is the same across all of the UK's mobile network operators. This seems unfair, but the alternative to not agreeing to them is to have no mobile 'phone at all.   

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6668 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

@Oxonian Or go for 30 day deals, so if it does not work out you can just move.

There is a couple of cracking deals out there.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5964 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Enlli 

Yes, very true, lots of very good deals of all shapes and sizes currently available.  

Message 8 of 9

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

A phone flip-flopping between 2 RATs (coverage layers) is likely trying to maintain reliable service.

All networks are setup to achieve this, but not all networks are equal in quality.

Message 9 of 9