Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems since forced switch to o2

EmmaLFC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was switched from Virgin Mobile to o2 on 23rd August. I am aware Virgin used o2's signal. I have not made any changes to the phone settings. When the switch over happened I received a notification that my network operator had changed settings & it showed me what was changed - this was only the emergency alerts. Nothing else was changed, or at least I was not alerted to anything else. Since then I have experienced the following:

1) some (NOT all) sim contacts disappeared. I had texted with those contacts the day before yet their numbers disappeared. They appeared as numbers not names in the messaging app which is how I spotted it.

2) All of a sudden yesterday morning when I switch my data off it shows as off in the drop down settings & the phone settings but the icon reappears in the notifications bar as if the data is on. It will stay like this until the phone is turned off but it starts again whenever I turn on data. Flight mode removes the icon but it reappears when this is switched off - even though it appears the data is off in the settings.

3) The setting 'switch to mobile data' under Intelligent WiFi is turned on but greyed out so I have no option to turn it off. I use data more than WiFi because I have unlimited data so I would not need this to be activated & I believe it was switched off before.

4) WiFi & 4G calling settings have completely disappeared. This is bizarre. My o2 account says WiFi &4G calling is turned on. I had it when I was with Virgin Mobile now it has GONE.

5) The signal is much worse & in the evenings/at night the data is very slow if it works at all. This was not a problem with Virgin which I am aware runs on o2. The service status shows as good coverage in my area for everything except 5G which is not applicable to me.

I have taken the sim out & put it back in to no avail. Please can someone explain what is going on & any possible solutions? this is all the result of a forced switch. My phone was perfectly fine before so all the problems I am suddenly experiencing are absolutely a direct result of the switch. Please can anyone help resolve these issues?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaybeeetoo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Have you contacted O2 support?

I was also moved from Virgin to O2 and had problems.  It has taken 4 days working with O2 support but finally everything is working.  The frustrating thing is you contact support, they tell you they’ve fixed it and to wait 24 hours, 24 hours later you go back to support as it still isn’t working.  Unfortunately , you have to repeat this until it’s fixed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Jaybeeetoo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Have you contacted O2 support?

I was also moved from Virgin to O2 and had problems.  It has taken 4 days working with O2 support but finally everything is working.  The frustrating thing is you contact support, they tell you they’ve fixed it and to wait 24 hours, 24 hours later you go back to support as it still isn’t working.  Unfortunately , you have to repeat this until it’s fixed.

Message 2 of 3

EmmaLFC
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I suppose I will have to, there are so many issues!!!

Message 3 of 3