Moving from Apple to android…..

Grimm
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

any advice will be greatly appreciated. 
I’m looking at upgrading my iPhone 7, and considering the move to android, a Samsung A22 5G.

I use apple

music and play a lot of music, is there a similar subscription service like Apple Music on iTunes that I can run, and possibly transfer my current music collection? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Grimm
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for that. I did switch many years ago from my old 3GS to a HTC Desire S, handset was great, but couldn’t get on with android, so went back to Apple. 

however, I use a Samsung android tablet with work, so more used to android now, and more comfortable using it. That said, I can’t rule out a return in the near future.

I did manage to speak to someone at O2 who made the leap. I’m going for the new A53 5G. The guy I spoke to said he downloaded the Apple Music app and was able to keep all his music, so looks like I’m all set and should have my new handset tomorrow. 🤞🏻I like it

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

The couple of Apple users I know who ventured to Android, were back with Apple in a year, @Grimm - does this help: https://kommandotech.com/mobile/best-smartphones-for-music/ ?

Other searches in Google will help you in your search. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5

Grimm
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for that. I did switch many years ago from my old 3GS to a HTC Desire S, handset was great, but couldn’t get on with android, so went back to Apple. 

however, I use a Samsung android tablet with work, so more used to android now, and more comfortable using it. That said, I can’t rule out a return in the near future.

I did manage to speak to someone at O2 who made the leap. I’m going for the new A53 5G. The guy I spoke to said he downloaded the Apple Music app and was able to keep all his music, so looks like I’m all set and should have my new handset tomorrow. 🤞🏻I like it

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Good luck! There's a spot here for how you get on, or not, with the switch! (Can't be any more challenging, right? 🤔)

Message 4 of 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to second what @pgn said, @Grimm, we always love hearing about people's experiences with different devices, services, etc. on the community. Please, feel free to come back in the near future and post in Discussions & Feedback about the switch to your new phone 🤗.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 5