cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved number to new account - now have no/limited mobile data.

elmszy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have an O2 'legacy' account that was in my father's name. Whenever I wanted to gain access to the account, I would need my father with me as he was the account holder. After speaking to staff at an O2 store, they suggested that I open a new account under my name and transfer the number from my legacy account to my new account to avoid this hassle. 

I did this, had my number was transferred to my new account correctly and have had nothing but issues ever since. With my new account, I can receive calls and texts fine, but my mobile data is basically unusable. No apps work, I cant used messenger/whatsapp and I can't get on 99% of websites. 

This has been ongoing for over a month now. My phone shows a full bar, 4g connection. I have tried resetting the network settings on my phone, turning everything off and back on. Everything. I have been given the run-around by O2 support. having had countless calls and being on hold for hours on end. Their most recent solution was to send out a new SIM which did absolutely nothing, the issue still stands.

I have tried putting the O2 SIM in my partner's phone and he has the same issues - no data. Furthermore, I have tried putting his SIM into my phone and the mobile data works completely fine. It is not an issue with the phone, it is with my account at O2. I can only assume that when my number was transferred to my new account, my mobile data access has been messed up. I am essentially paying £18 a month for texts and calls. How can I resolve this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@elmszy 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- and hope she can help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 🙂

@elmszy  I will send you a private message so we can check your account

Message 3 of 4

elmszy
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok I will wait for your private message. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4