cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved back to O2, number has moved to old sim?

Calico
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Put simply, I moved from O2 to another network a few years back and I've now moved back to O2 and I've had an issue with the number switching.

I'll try to simplify this:
During my first stint on O2 I had sim card #1
During my stint with the other network I had sim card #2 with my number carried over from sim #1
I'm now back on O2 and inserted the sim that was posted to me with my new phone (which I'll call sim card #3)

I supplied my PAC code and the number has transferred from sim card #2, but it's gone to sim card #1 rather than #3!

Sim  1 was for a 4G enabled phone, Sim 3 was for a 5G enabled phone - should I just put Sim 1 in my new phone or do I need O2 to switch this internally for me for the sim to function properly?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Calico 

Use sim 1 for now and then pop into your local O2 store for a free swap to a 5g sim.

You need to take ID with you.

Going in store will ensure your are not cut off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Calico 

Use sim 1 for now and then pop into your local O2 store for a free swap to a 5g sim.

You need to take ID with you.

Going in store will ensure your are not cut off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2