Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing texts

JustDavid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From yesterday I have been able to send texts but have only received them intermittently and then only from none 02 networks. Texts from and to my wife on EE work fine, to my brother and daughter on 02 go out ok, but their replies are not received. Set up My02 today and 02 verification texts came through fine, but nothing since then. Have escalated this via customer services, this early today but no developments reported back yet and no texts either. Have restarted my old Samsung phone several times and checked what settings I can, also manually carried out a network connection, all to no avail. Is this a known problem, or just my issue. What solution is offered please, all assistance welcomed please.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@JustDavid 

Some tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

JustDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still struggling to make any progress as nothing in the guidance has moved me forward, thank you for trying.

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Something more general with your O2 signal where you are, @JustDavid, perhaps?

This guide has more general network/signal advice: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Failing that, the O2 Social Media Team may be able to help, you can get in touch with them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the blue links just below this message. Good luck!

Message 4 of 7

JustDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon. I can receive some texts but not all. I have been into my local O2 shop and the Sim card exhibits the same problems in another device which would tend to point to the Sim being the problem. A replacement Sim card has been installed but the problem remains. Discussions with customer service have concluded with me agreeing to become a pay monthly customer (which will actually save me money) and a further Sim card has been dispatched by post. I am assured that this new Sim card will solve the text problem although to be honest I remain to be convinced.A replacement Sim card has been installed but the problem remains. Discussions with customer service have concluded with me agreeing to become a pay monthly customer (which will actually save me money) and a further Sim card has been dispatched by post. I am assured that this new Sim card will solve the text problem although to be honest I remain to be convinced.Here’s hoping, I will update the thread when I finally get to a resolution as this intermittent text problem does seem to be more widespread than I first thought.

Message 5 of 7

DM1980
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue since Sat 12/03/2022. Well could be before that too. Spoke to O2 yesterday (Sunday) and was told I will get a call within 24 hours. Desperate to get this issue fixed. Tried all sorts of things on my phone but I don't think it's an issue with the phone or settings. My feeling is it's something on O2 side.

Message 6 of 7

JustDavid
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This issue was fixed for me at least by moving over to a monthly payment Sim. Why that should be the case I do not know what happened I can report it has at least work to resolve my issue.

Message 7 of 7