Did you mean: 

Migration issues now can’t get PAC code

Sarahp1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I am an existing O2 customer and bought a new contract with O2 via a third party (significantly cheaper than upgrading). The result is that I have an old and new number. I want to keep my old number and was told this was possible and would be done within 24 hours.

Many many phone calls later it transpires this is not possible as the old number and new new number are on different systems. Very frustrating particularly after speaking to so many people that said it was possible. 

I then asked for a PAC code for my old number so I could port it to PAYG sim with another provider then port across to O2, presumably keeping my old number in a very convoluted way. The issue now that in starting the migration process that isn’t possible they have disconnected my old phone number. Was told this would be reinstated by this morning. It has not been. What can I do next please? My faith in O2 customer service is dwindling. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93498 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 14

Sarahp1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I was dreading having to call them again as is getting me absolutely no-where!

Message 3 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12450 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1152 Solutions

Assuming this is related to old number being on old system and new one on 360, this wasn't meant to be a problem @Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93498 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8143 Posts
  • 168 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@jonsie 

It's interesting that O2 are not the only UK MNO that are currently finding major challenges in migrating customers to a new platform.    

Message 6 of 14

Sarahp1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this, I can see you’ve tagged someone from O2. Are there O2 members of staff on here that can assist before I hopelessly try a complaints email? Thanks again 

Message 7 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7347 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

@Sarahp1 There are no further members of staff here.

Put in your official complaint because O2 have 8 weeks to respond before ombudsman action, so the sooner the better.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 14

Sarahp1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks very much 

Message 9 of 14

feecam
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue - has this been resolved for you yet?

Message 10 of 14