Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, can't remember security questions

Mattlostphone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I've lost my phone and can't remember the answer to my security question, but I really need the number as it is linked to my 2FA for various things. I have all the rest of my identity checks, passport, bank payment details ect. Is it possible to get into the account using these and not with the security question, and would it be better to go into a branch or phone customer service?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Take photo ID to an O2 store and report it lost from there

Call them and the store can verify your identity

Message 2 of 4

Mattlostphone
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick response. One thing I have noticed also is that I forgot to update my home address from when I moved two years ago, so I can't have my sim sent there. Can I get it sent to the store, or get it updated over the phone? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36166 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

As @jonsie mentions above, go to an O2 store and take photo id and a utility bill with your current name and address, they will help you report the phone as stolen, block both it and your old SIM, and issue a new SIM to you, all activated and ready to pop into your spare phone if you have one. With the Utility Bill, they should also be able to effect the address change for you, @Mattlostphone - good luck!

Message 4 of 4