Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in

Tom60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just joined o2, I am able to log in on my desktop to my account, but when I try to log in on my phone/tablet using the EXACT same log in details I can't log in, saying the details are incorrect. it is the same URL, I am taken to the same screen but can go no further, the user name and password are being entered correctly

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Check your phone or tablet is not auto-inserting a space after a full-stop or comma or other punctuation character if you have one in your password, @Tom60 

Failing that, try an Incognito tab or anonymous tab on the browser on your mobile device.

Can you login using the MyO2 app ok on your phone, out of interest?

Message 2 of 9

Tom60
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I have checked and email address and password are fine.

I can log in ok on desktop but not on phone/tablet

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

How about using the app @Tom60 

Usually much better on a mobile device as it avoids conflicts between desktop and mobile views.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Tom60
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am using the app as well, same problem on phone

Message 5 of 9

Tom60
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

might need to try re-setting password on desktop to see if that fixes it

Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

And steer clear of certain characters like: # / , . - £ " ' and ?

(Assuming you follow guidance to include at least one "special"character in your password, @Tom60)

Do come back with whatever character it was that was causing the problem, if you can! 👍

Message 7 of 9

Tom60
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Not sure I am being clear. The password has been set up and accepted, I can access on desktop ok but not when I try and log in via the app, went to the store and guy had a "mess about" with some settings and that solved it, he reckons it was simply due to the fact I had ported my old number and the app did not recognise this as it was literally just updating. Both desktop and app are now working fine as is phone etc (I did initially fall foul of using a symbol that could not be used when first setting the password). All good now and thanks everyone for the suggestions. Just need to sort out how to activate the double data and speed upgrade on Volt now lol 

Message 8 of 9

pgn
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Good job, @Tom60 

Volt is a waiting game, but can all be done by clicking on the Volt Upgrade banner in your MyO2, the Volt guide is here - it covers most of the bases (usually differences in addresses in VM and in O2 preventing the computer from making a "match"): Volt Megaguide 

Good luck, and welcome to VMO2 (and perhaps soon TalkTalk as it exists now as well, going by the articles in the press of late...!)

Message 9 of 9