cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last attempt with O2. At wits end with O2 porting.

ChetB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is literally my last attempt to get O2 to sort out the mess they created over 2 months ago.

End of May, I moved my number from 3 Network to O2. I got a porting key (PAC Number) from three, which I gave O2 and was told that porting will take a couple of days (it was the long weekend).

After the long weekend, I replaced the 3 sim with the O2 sim, and that’s when the problem started. I can call other mobiles of any service provider and send texts to mobiles devices of any service provider, but I could receive calls and texts ONLY from 3 Network.

I raised this issue with O2 by calling the 202 number, on multiple occasions, and talked to multiple customer services staff, who all assured me that they knew exactly what the problem was and they have raised a request to rectify the problem, and the problem should get resolved anywhere between a few hours and 5 working days. No problem at all!!

Well… I played this game with O2 customer services for 4 weeks and the issue was not resolved. I just kept getting the run around from O2.

So, I came to the O2 community here, and raised the issue. This time, people got in touch, said they will forward my issue to the relevant community adviser (or whatever they are called). An adviser called @O2Sarah- picked up my complaint and was pretty good with communicating actions with me. @O2Sarah- raised the issue with O2’s engineering team and even got a reference number. She was confident that it might take time, but that the issue will get resolved.

Its been over 10 weeks now. I am not receiving any incoming phone calls or texts other than 3 Network. O2 customer services has gone completely silent. So has @O2Sarah- . I have even asked for a ‘deadlock letter’, which O2 have not sent. Probably because that means admitting defeat.

In the last 3 weeks, I have had zero communication from O2 and also being ignored on my chat with @O2Sarah- . Maybe in the hopes that if everyone keeps quite about the problem, maybe the problem (or the customer) will go away. And this is one of the biggest mobile network providers we have?

This is now my last ditch effort to save the number that I've had for 21 years. Can anyone help me please? Also, does anyone know what my final recourse is from O2, before I look for help elsewhere?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@ChetB O2 has discontinued the O2 online advisors service, which is why you never heard back from Sarah. Not her fault.

Raise a complaint with Resolver. People here have had positive results with them: Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2