Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

Alison8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I've upgraded to an A32 5G. I've transferred all my info apps etc to new sim using smart switch. Everything is working. All I want to do is keep/transfer my number to new phone. I have a PAC code. What do I do now? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Alison8 You can carry on using your old sim, but if you're in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of that you'll need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're concerned about doing the swap yourself, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Weinreb
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Alison8 A PAC code is for when moving to a new supplier, not for upgrading. Your new phone was supplied with a sim on the off chance that the old one is the wrong size. If your old SIM fits the new phone, just use that one.

You didn’t transfer your apps, data, etc to the new SIM, but to the new phone. SIMs have very little memory on them. 

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Alison8 You can carry on using your old sim, but if you're in a 5G area and want to avail yourself of that you'll need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're concerned about doing the swap yourself, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3