Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italy Wifi - working abroad

GiorgiaFerri
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am hoping to work abroad in Italy for 2/3 weeks in August, I need to be logged into my work laptop and do work so what is the best way for me to get an internet source out there! I have researched a lot and cannot find a clear answer! I will need to use a laptop and not a phone and need a fairly strong wifi connection for downloads and calls.

Where we are is quite remote and whilst our neighbours have wifi we do not have any yet in the house. I've seen the pocket wifi website but i'm not completely sure and it does appear to be alot of money and reviews aren't that great.

I have a good laptop and can add a sim card or dongle in it if I need, I just need some sound advice and need to buy it asap !!

All help appreciated!

Best, Giorgia 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@GiorgiaFerri 

You can't use an o2 mifi device abroad so your best bet would be to tether to your phone's data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@GiorgiaFerri 

You can't use an o2 mifi device abroad so your best bet would be to tether to your phone's data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2