Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with phone number

Stuart19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A most unusual issue arose a few days ago. I have been with o2 for a few months now having changed over from EE. I kept my number which was an easy process but for some reason my phone number, when I text only, keeps apearing on other o2 phones as the temp number I had when I was going through the change of numbers. It only seems to be an issue for other o2 numbers which is really confusing me the most...

o2 customer serivice is a joke to get ahold of as that automated voice is useless ad I can't get through via online chat.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Check if you need to update the phone number (settings>phone>my number, or something similar).

If that show's the correct number then call customer services and see if there is an issue @Stuart19.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144832 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Stuart19 

Obtain a new blank sim card and do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If that doesn't fix it, a last resort would be a factory reset as the temp number is still held in memory somewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Stuart19 did you manage to solve it?

Message 4 of 7

Stuart19
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I will pop into my local store soon as I get a chance and try this option.

Message 5 of 7

Stuart19
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope. I spent an hour and a half trying to contact then discussing the issue incredibly slowly online and got no where. I am going to nip into my local store and see about trying a sim swap again to hopefully clear the issue

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144832 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Let us know how it goes @Stuart19 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7