Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my netgear

Kim66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a netgear on monthly tariff with you.  For the past few weeks every time I try to use it,  especially for streaming, which is why I looked to such a device in the first place, I keep getting problems.   "Not enough band width ... try again"  is a regular example.

Which of course is extremely frustrating.  As far as I can tell, the local mast is working okay.  The whole idea was to have to hand a device which meant I could stream, use WiFi, etc without any hassle.

I am paying a reasonable amount per month for an item which appears not to work properly.  Any ideas what may be going on?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36443 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

You will have to take this up with O2, as this is a customer forum, not O2 Support. O2 Social Media Team links are all in the link just below this post, @Kim66 

1000004844.jpg

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Kim66 

Download wifi analyiser to your phone and check which channel you are transmitting on and also if your TV is picking up the 2.4 or 5ghz signal.

Some channels, if used by other devices, can be too slow, so switching channels can help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3