Did you mean: 

Is this contact from O2 - new sim sent by ID mobile

emb60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I might have been scammed.

Received several calls from phone +44 161 524 3604 & +44 20 863834. They said they could offer me a better monthly contract rate, they confirmed they were calling from O2 and they had my details which they read to me, not me 'confirming' by reading to them. Various people spoke to me and if I asked questions they put me through to someone else. None of them spoke good english. Eventually I agree and then they mentioned other things like they had to take a payment of £30 which was refunded as soon as I started using the new sim.

New sim arrived today but it's from a company called iD Mobile. They said they would also be sending an apple watch (which I hadn't asked for) but explained it would be an older version which they couldn't sell.

Is this contact genuinely from O2 or are they surruptiously moving me to a completely different network?

I have not yet used the new sim and don't want to until I know it's from O2.

Help please!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@emb60 -  Looks, sounds and feels like a scam, one that is reaching epidemic proportions it seems.

ID Mobile also do not use O2, but 3 (Three) network.

As long as you do not give them the one-time password to your account they can do nothing, but it sounds like you need to read and act on these now, @emb60:

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Call O2 on 202 and select the Fraud option, follow the prompts, so O2 can check.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@emb60 -  Looks, sounds and feels like a scam, one that is reaching epidemic proportions it seems.

ID Mobile also do not use O2, but 3 (Three) network.

As long as you do not give them the one-time password to your account they can do nothing, but it sounds like you need to read and act on these now, @emb60:

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Call O2 on 202 and select the Fraud option, follow the prompts, so O2 can check.

Message 2 of 5

emb60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I've just tried to contact mobile.co.uk. They again said they were part of the same company as O2, however, they wouldn't talk to me unless I 'confirmed' my personal details including name, address, email, bank etc. Don't see why they would need that unless it was a scam. I'll now contact O2.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Are they these people? 

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/?affiliate=Adwords|%2A%2A%2AHead%20Terms%20%28Brand%29|Mobiles.co.uk%20-%20Login|mobile%20co%20uk%20login&gclid=CjwKCAjw29ymBhAKEiwAHJbJ8kYydSSeTPv1AjyqMPrGRkwTLf0eH61D2xibbjp8i3bdAxE8rSEnlBoCPHQQAvD_BwE

Seems the only do ID Mobile and Vodafone 

If so, having your details is worrying 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@emb60  A quick search on the first of the phone numbers cited above would make me doubt anything good is afoot

https://who-calls.me.uk/phone/01615243604

The 2nd number is missing a couple of digits.

Message 5 of 5