Did you mean: 

Is There Any Hope?

Darkness_Falls
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I recently moved to a new city (not a tiny, isolated village, but a CITY), only to discover the coverage where I am living is virtually non-existent. Outside my apartment I get 2Mbps if I am lucky, inside I get nada. Frequently, I cannot make calls. Worse still, before I arrived, I upgraded to the £30 Big Bundle, and now I cannot use it. 

For the past 14 days, the O2 website has told me this:

"Looks like a nearby phone mast isn’t working as it should, sorry.

Our engineers are likely to be on the case already, and your service might come and go until we fix it."

This is obviously nonsense, although their texts "assure" me the issue is being worked on.

Can anyone shed any light on these types of problems? Is there any chance this might actually be fixed while I am still alive? Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Darkness_Falls See if anything in these links help:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

If nothing there helps you can speak to customer service. You should also get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see if you get a better signal from one of them.

To speak to customer service call 4445 from your mobile or 0344 8090222 from any phone or numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Darkness_Falls 

Standard across the majority of the UK currently.

Network is vastly oversubscribed and in desperate need of upgrading, but don't hold your breath.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Darkness_Falls See if anything in these links help:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

If nothing there helps you can speak to customer service. You should also get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see if you get a better signal from one of them.

To speak to customer service call 4445 from your mobile or 0344 8090222 from any phone or numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3