Did you mean: 

Internal phone number migration

JessicaT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi team,

I called yesterday to keep my existing O2 number on my new contract with O2 (there was issues with upgrading so I got told to just to a new contract). I was told it could take a couple of days but I was not told I would have no signal on either phone for the whole day! Both phones stopped working early morning today and it's 8.30pm now and still no luck. I have restarted the phone several times.

I really need to be able to have access to my phone number due to health reasons so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Jess

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36055 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

This is a user to user forum, @JessicaT - not O2 (not sure which Team you refer to above 🤔)

However: if you were told your number would port from the old to the new SIM, the agent may have omitted to mention that porting does not happen over the weekend or on a public holiday Guide: Migration & porting into O2  and a Friday request normally completes on Monday if received early enough, otherwise Tuesday. And Monday is New Year's Day, a public holiday, so push those estimates out another day.

You can contact O2 via Social Media, the link just below has all the ways.

If the new phone accepts the older SIM, you could just have swapped the SIM from old to new phone, job done. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

JessicaT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Pgn, thank you for your help!

The problem is that they have cancelled my old contract today, so neither of the sims work now and I need to be contactable and be able to contact my chemo nurses but I have been left without any way to contact for what it seems it'll be at least 3 full days without any notice. I was just wondering who I could contact to activate my old contract until the switch happens as 3+ days without signal is not an option for me right now.

Will try using the links below..

Thanks,

Jess

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36055 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Good luck, @JessicaT 

A tip for the Social Media route for support - get their attention by being persistent, then when they have engaged with you, you can send them your details for the SIM or Contract you need re-enabled. Other ways need you to have access to a phone: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

But you should get a response from any of the CS routes shortly after 8am, even on a Sunday.

Message 4 of 4