Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive zone-usa

Mo54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have inclusive zone for use in usa, however, cannot use phone to call local numbers as get call not recognised. Dialling same number from hotel phone can get straight through.

Have checked with O2 and all settings on phone as they should be. Only way I can seem to get through is to add 001 (country code) at front of number but then it becomes an international call and costs.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Mo54 

As you have a UK number you have to dial the country code to call any number in a foreign country.

You are not charged if you have the inclusive zone bolt on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Mo54 

As you have a UK number you have to dial the country code to call any number in a foreign country.

You are not charged if you have the inclusive zone bolt on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Mo54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks , however, o2 tell me I should not have to do that, and have already charged me for 

a couple of calls I made using the country code before number.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Mo54 Whoever at O2 told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. If you have a UK sim in your phone you have to use 001 or +1, then the area code and the number to call any US number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Mo54 wrote:

Thanks , however, o2 tell me I should not have to do that, and have already charged me for 

a couple of calls I made using the country code before number.

That is incorrect so you need to ask for a refund of those charges.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5