Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inclusive traveller - calls

Tania28445
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have volt benefits including the inclusive traveller service, confirmed this multiple times with customer service. Currently in USA, however, I cannot receive calls! 
- samsung s21 ultra (does not have O2 software)

- phone all up to date

- roaming on

- no active diverts

- can make calls no problem

- can receive texts no problem

Called customer service from USA they got me to reset network and that it would solve the problem in 24hrs because I was over seas (would be quicker if at home). It hasn’t, still can’t receive calls - phone appears unavailable and sending all calls to vm. I have tried turning divert off and it STILL doesn’t work! 
Anyone here got any suggestions? I’ll be taking this up with O2 when I get home in any event!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Tania28445 If you're unable to get your issue resolved, download WhatsApp if you don't have it already. You can then call and text anyone else who also has the app over a WiFi connection for free.

Also take a look at this guide to see if it may be of any help to you: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Tania28445
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I have WhatsApp and use it all the time. My problem is that I cannot receive normal calls, have checked all the guides, but nothing seems to have solved the issue!

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6640 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Have you got 4G Calling enabled? Due to a change in US networks last January you can't make or receive calls without it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

Ben57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just posted - have exactly the same issue 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36076 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Ben57 wrote:

I've just posted - have exactly the same issue 

If you are a PAYG customer, using local WiFi (in hotel or restaurant or ball, for example) and something like WhatsApp is the only way, unless you want to buy a local SIM with data for your phone.

If PayMonthly, or Contract, take a read of this: USA - Roaming with O2 - it is due to changes in US networks that came into effect in January this year. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6