Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imie

Benb1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought a device from somebody that got it from music magpie and didn't pay the bill now the phone has been barred and I need to know if there's anything I can do The phone is blacklisted due to nonpayment can't get hold of who I bought it from and have bin told I might be able to get help . Check the imie and is blacklisted cos the person dind not make the paments

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23192 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Benb1 If the IMEI is showing that the phone is blacklisted, and you can't contact the person you bought it from, handing the phone over to O2 will not help your situation. There's nothing O2 would be able to do to resolve this. Nor, in fact, is there anything that you can do. In very plain and simple terms, you bought a doorstop. You've been had. Sorry if this sounds blunt, but that's the way it is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Benb1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

do I need to hand phone over to o2

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23192 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Benb1 If the IMEI is showing that the phone is blacklisted, and you can't contact the person you bought it from, handing the phone over to O2 will not help your situation. There's nothing O2 would be able to do to resolve this. Nor, in fact, is there anything that you can do. In very plain and simple terms, you bought a doorstop. You've been had. Sorry if this sounds blunt, but that's the way it is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10268 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Benb1 

Just to add

It might be worth getting in touch with Music Magpie, and seeing if they can do anything, but it may mean you paying twice for the phone.. 

Or they may want the phone back, but worth a shot.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4