Did you mean: 

Icloud Backup

Thomas137
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI 

I am backing up my phone for the first time to the cloud on my iphone and its been going for about an hour and a half to this point but stating that there is about 7 hours remaining (the blue line is about a quarter of the way along).  Is this normal that it takes this long for a first back up to icloud?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Thomas137 

The first time will take longer but it's entirely dependant on your upload speed.

Not known it take that long though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

That can be very normal its called a computer minute... not quite a minute, not quite an hour 🙂

Are you trying to do this over 4G or Wifi, as your inital backup should be done over WiFi, as it will backup your used storage.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi @Thomas137,

Have you managed to solve your query? may I suggest that the other option is to back up your device on a PC or mac computer. It will be a local backup but it could help you in the meantime and is super handy in emergency situations you may need access to your data.

As @madasaf1sh mentioned, using WiFi is the quickest option to back up your device as its a more stable connection and saves you data on your allowance.

If you need any help you're more than welcome to reply to this message for help

Thanks
Will
Message 4 of 4