Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI block

Cellro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My iPhone lost service on Thursday morning and after many hours on phone to customer services, a trip to Apple Store and a whole morning at o2 store it turns out someone in insurance (I don’t even have o2 insurance) mistakenly applied an IMEI block to my device. Forms were raised yesterday to unblock this and I was told it would be unblocked within 24 hours. It has now been more than 24 hours and phone still blocked. Spent almost two hours on phone to customer services today and no one seems to be able to help. Does any one have any idea how I can resolve this as I didn’t initiate the block, didn’t report phone lost or stolen and account is in good order and up to date. I’m told it was an unfortunate mistake due to computer or human error but no one seems able to unblock and I’m now three days without a phone. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.   

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cellro
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes @Dave-O2 - I went back into store yesterday and assistant was able to resolve it immediately. Someone in customer services applied a new IMEI bar so it would show up on system and it could then be removed and worked in minutes. Main problem was that no one knew where the bar came from or why so didn’t know how to remove it. I was without service for six days as a result! 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Cellro 

You can only persevere with O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Ask them to replace your phone if they fail to unbar it.

Guide: O2 BARs 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Judging by the recent similar posts, the weekend isn't a significant factor.

Just plain old simple incompetence. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Cellro
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you both. Honestly, I’m just about at my wits end. I was supposed to get a callback this afternoon but still nothing. I was also told to try talking to insurance team but the number I’ve been given doesn’t work! 

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Cellro 

Not your issue to chase anyone other than the incompetent baboons in customer service.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Cellro
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

02helen01 Is this something you could possibly help with? I can see you’ve helped others with similar issues 

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Cellro 

All our account advisors were removed back in July last year.

If we had that option, you would have been advised of it already.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Cellro
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That’s a shame. Thanks for letting me know @MI5 - back to the drawing board. Feels like I’m running out of options to get this fixed. 

Message 10 of 12