cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my pay monthly to pay as you go as I'm abroad, but it's impossible without calling

JoshGee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm finding it impossible to change plan from pay monthly to pay as you go without calling up. I am currently abroad so cannot use my sim without paying extortionate fees. But cancelling online seems impossible.

I've contacted o2 on the app, Facebook, Twitter, the website and nothing works. The app sends me to the website saying they cannot help me. The website either says they cannot help through WhatsApp, or the chat bot directs me to the app. Facebook I get ignored, and Twitter sends me to the website which sends me to the app. 

It seems o2 is an ok service unless you need customer service. At this point I want to just cancel my plan and keep my number but am pretty sure I'll be sent through the same process. 

Does anyone have a fix for me? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @JoshGee 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum. 

I  don't think there is another answer you seem to have been through all the routes. 

I also access my o2 from a computer. Here is a guide to cancel your contract if you feel that is an option for you. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

What about Skype?

Sorry it's been so difficult. 

Bye and good luck

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@JoshGee 

Use Skype and call +44 800 902 0217  it is a free call. 

Just to be aware, if you are still in the minimum term you will need to pay off the contract, and when moving to PAYG you will need to top up each month, as o2 no longer off Classic PAYG

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@JoshGee 

It's free to call from your O2 phone when abroad.

From abroad+44 7860 980 202Free
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4