cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not receiving calls since porting (6 weeks and counting)

K_e_V
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I hope someone can help because this is becoming a nightmare.

I moved over to an O2 SIM about six weeks ago. I ported my number over and initially everything appeared good. 

After a few days I realised that I was only able to receive calls from O2 customers, if anyone else called they got a couple of bleeps or were told the number didn't exist.

My wife is on O2 and can call me no problems. I can call out to everyone, O2 or otherwise, with no issues. I can send and receive texts from everyone and have my mobile data working.

I have been calling 02 over the last four weeks and speaking to many different people. It took about two weeks to have the issue investigated, I believe by the porting team. I waited ten days with no update and called back today.

I was passed to three different calls handlers the last one who appeared to file this issue into the 'too difficult box' and hung up on me.

I tried again and was told the porting team had looked into this and apparently the porting had been successful and the issue had been closed, all this without even letting me know.

I was informed this would be now passed to another team to investigate and could take another ten days...

My account and phone show my ported over number, I've been told a number of times this is a partial port, but now apparently the porting team are insisting it isn't.

I really am at my witsend now. No one I speak to appears to be interested and I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@K_e_V 

I was gonna ask the same question as others, and unfortunately if you ported from Lyca, the problem will be with them, as they suffered a "cyber incident" that broke their porting services, and a lot of ex lyca customers have complained about split ports, failed ports, ports been cancelled.

And there CS has been useless from what I have read.. 

Unfortunately o2 will be struggling with Lyca and there MNO which is EE, as they are working through lots of these issues.. 

I am afraid the only thing I can suggest is patience, as o2 will be getting as frustrated as you, at the lack of progress...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@K_e_V 

Use Resolver to make a complaint to get some traction.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

K_e_V
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Saying you want to make a complaint certainly gets your call answered quicker and surprisingly the customer service was better. I've tried a new SIM, same issue. But my problem has now been 'upgraded' and hopefully I will get a resolution within ten days.... I fear that I might have to change my number to get this sorted out but we will see.

Message 3 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5807 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@K_e_V 

Who did you port from ? 

Was it Lyca Mobile perchance ? 

Message 4 of 10

K_e_V
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I'm afraid it was.

Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@K_e_V 

I was gonna ask the same question as others, and unfortunately if you ported from Lyca, the problem will be with them, as they suffered a "cyber incident" that broke their porting services, and a lot of ex lyca customers have complained about split ports, failed ports, ports been cancelled.

And there CS has been useless from what I have read.. 

Unfortunately o2 will be struggling with Lyca and there MNO which is EE, as they are working through lots of these issues.. 

I am afraid the only thing I can suggest is patience, as o2 will be getting as frustrated as you, at the lack of progress...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

K_e_V
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was only with Lyca for a couple weeks, what a mistake. I've been told by O2 for weeks that this is a porting issue which makes total sense and is what I think it must be. But a couple of weeks ago it went to the O2 porting team and I was told today they are saying the porting worked which it clearly hasn't ..I just feel as if I'm beating my head against a brick wall with O2.

The only way forward that I can see is to take another number, losing completely my partly ported one but getting back the ability to receive calls.

Message 7 of 10

K_e_V
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've made another couple of calls today to O2. Everytime I do it I feel the loss of hundreds of brain cells. He didnt have a clue what I was talking about and offered a new SIM even though I fully explained the Lyca porting issue. Some crack O2 team will apparently call me at some point and I have emailed over a complaint as well as making Ofcom aware, whatever good that will do. It just feels like a hopeless situation.

I found an interesting forum with Vodaphone customers suffering the exact same issues but it appears that Vodaphone actually listened and took action and they were getting calls coming through.

I'm not expecting the same from O2 sadly.

Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5807 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@K_e_V 

It probably isn't O2's fault if you are porting from Lyca Mobile but I suggest that you consider making a complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

The resolution that you are looking for is simple ; you want the issue assigning to a member of O2 staff with experience in resolving porting failures. I don't think that this is the sort of complaint that involving Ofcom, the Ombudsman or whoever is going to help you. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

As per my first reply.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10