Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t enable Wi-Fi calling….

banyard-88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t enable Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone 11 … I’ve been trying to get it fixed for months and tech support keep saying they’ve enabled it and to wait 48 hours but it’s been months and it won’t turn on…. Anyone had this problem? Any advice? Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You'll need to be an O2 Contract customer, @banyard-88.

Then O2 will need to set your account up to use 4G Calling/WiFi/VoLTE.

Then sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account. If you are on the new O2 360 billing system, it will be enabled by default, skip this step.

Then you will need to go into your phone and set it up:

You can turn on Wifi and 4G Calling in your device settings:

1. To enable Wifi Calling, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling. Make sure Wi-Fi Calling is set to On. To switch off Wifi Calling, set the toggle to Off.

2. To switch on 4G Calling, go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G and then Voice & Data to enable 4G Calling. To switch off 4G Calling, select ‘Data’.

If you don't see a Wi-Fi Calling or 4G Calling menu option, you may have to update to the latest iPhone software:

• Go to Settings > General >Software Update. Install an update if available (you’ll need iOS 10.3 or above).
  • Once installed go to Settings > General > About. The ‘Carrier’ value on this screen should be set to 28.3 or above. If this hasn’t updated automatically, you should get a message from us to update to new carrier settings. Accept by pressing ‘Update’.
  • Follow the instructions above to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

Please note: This set-up process may re-start your device so if you would like to receive these instructions by email please click here and we will send them over.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@banyard-88 

Only available on monthly contracts so not PAYG, if that is relevant.

Otherwise, if O2 insist it is enabled, ask them to disable it and then wait 24 hours before asking them to enable it again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Already covered above, @MI5:

"You'll need to be an O2 Contract customer...."

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Splendid

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

banyard-88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a sim only monthly contact with o2 . I have tried those solutions and it’s still not working. When I try and switch it on I redirects me to the o2 website . When I click on 4G and Wi-Fi calling it says that it was switched on but when I go back to my phone it’s still switched off. I have complained to O2 multiple times and they keep saying they’ve enabled it and to wait 48 hours but it isn’t working, not sure how many times I can wait 48 hours 😞

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@banyard-88 

As I suggested above, have you asked O2 to disable it first then reactivate it?

This has worked for others in the past.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7