Did you mean: 

How long will a Number Transfer Take?

Krazyasif786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am moving from Virgin Media to O2 Mobile and want to keep my mobile number with Virgin Media.

I understand it takes 1 working day for the transfer to happen. I have received the new O2 sim but not put it in my phone yet as its a weekend and I need to use my old number.

Question is how long will a transfer take If I do it either on a Saturday or Sunday? I already gave the PUK code during the order stage.

Or is it worth waiting until Monday and then doing it?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Krazyasif786 

Wait until Monday as nothing will happen until then.

It should then transfer on Tuesday or Wednesday Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Krazyasif786 

If you provide your PAC code anytime after Thursday Evening, the earliest the port can happen is Tuesday,  and will only happen once your new sim is active. 

So you can request it now and barring any issues then it will happen Tuesday, you will only know once o2 confirm by text the switch date.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Krazyasif786 

Wait until Monday as nothing will happen until then.

It should then transfer on Tuesday or Wednesday Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Deanio135
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same issue moving from Three to O2. I put my new O2 sim in and activated it. I then received various messages on the iPhone asking if I wanted to add/replace my old number with the temporary O2 one. I said “no” to each of those and, incredibly, my phone then started to work immediately as normal on my old number without having to wait a day (as I thought) for the number to be ported over from Three. I’m impressed. 

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

A lot of people have been having porting problems of late @Deanio135, so consider yourself very lucky.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Deanio135
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes! I spoke too soon. A couple of friends are experiencing absurd delays in porting their old numbers to O2 under identical circumstances as me. When customer services people lie about when it will be sorted you begin to lose faith in the organisation sadly. 

Message 6 of 6