Did you mean: 

How do I order a new sim card?

Matheeee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Everyone!

I have been given a new phone which supports 5g. Because of this I need to request a new sim card. Understandably I know its not the highest of priorities but how would I go about doing this? Also would I need to change to a different tariff to be able to use 5g?

All the best
Matt
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Matheeee 

To use 5G, you need a 5G phone, a 5G sim and be in an area with 5G.

Your best bet is to pop instore with your phone and they will sort everything out for you in a few minutes.

Otherwise order one from calling O2. If you want to keep your number, you need to ask O2 to migrate it across to your new sim (Far quicker instore)

Edited to add, if your old sim fits, just pop that into the phone for now. (as long as it's an O2 sim.) It will  work on 4g.

There is no need to change tariff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Matheeee 

To use 5G, you need a 5G phone, a 5G sim and be in an area with 5G.

Your best bet is to pop instore with your phone and they will sort everything out for you in a few minutes.

Otherwise order one from calling O2. If you want to keep your number, you need to ask O2 to migrate it across to your new sim (Far quicker instore)

Edited to add, if your old sim fits, just pop that into the phone for now. (as long as it's an O2 sim.) It will  work on 4g.

There is no need to change tariff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Matheeee , hope you're doing well since you last posted here on the community. slight_smile Hope you got the SIM sorted in the end and the above information was of help to you. Let us know if you have any other questions at any point!

Message 3 of 3