Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an another monthly contract to my account

Gemz28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already have a phone contract with o2 but I would like to add an ipad. When i got to checkout it comes up with choose whether you want to upgrade or get a new number. Do i choose get a new number ? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Gemz28 

Yes, you need a new contract for the iPad or else your phone will stop working.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

Gemz28
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

=] Thankyou , 

Sorry I am not used to the online malarky as I normally sort my o2 stuff in store 0-0. 

So I don't need to create a new account with a different email address and then link . 

Just go through the checkout process and then click get a new number, which then I have a another monthly contract still under my name and my phone is not affected ? . 

Just want to double check as I didn't want to go clicking things and I end up mucking up my phone contract. I did think about ringing o2 but seeing the comments online it almost seems impossible to go and speak to someone at the moment which is understandable but when your unsure and ideally need some new tech for university work it doesnt help haha . 

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123379 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Gemz28 

Just go through the checkout process and then click get a new number, which then I have a another monthly contract still under my name and my phone is not affected ? .

Exactly that^^^^^

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Gemz28
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

=] Lovely thankyou, I was getting paranoid I was going to end up ruining my phone contract by pressing the wrong thing. 

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly 0-0 . 

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2John
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know it was only last night, but did it all go through okay?

signature
Message 7 of 9

Gemz28
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did order but the order doesnt show up in my o2 account, they have taken the up front payment out my bank but then i got an email saying it was out of stock and to check my o2 for updates . So yes and no I suppose, I've got no idea on a new delivery date . 

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123379 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

This is the problem @Gemz28 

Since the lockdown iPads have been flying off the shelves with people working from home, or teaching children etc.

The other problem is O2 doesn't have a live ordering system so even if it shows as in stock, it probably isn't.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9