cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can family members check their usage?

AlistairM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I can see data usages for all family members in the O2 app, but how can my other family members see their own? Since I'm the one who set up the account, I'm the only one with an O2 account - is there a way for them to log in and see their own usage? Otherwise they're always asking me to check which is not ideal.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144960 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27803 Solutions

@AlistairM 

They should be able to login to see their account if they enter the MyO2 app on mobile data.

If not, they will need your main login details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

AlistairM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As mentioned, the other family members don't have accounts, so they cannot log in.

I'm looking for a way to get them login credentials so they can check, but I don't see any way to do that.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144960 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27803 Solutions

@AlistairM 

Their number is associated with an account.

Logging in on mobile data, as mentioned, should give them their info.

If not, as mentioned, they will need your login details on their phones to see all the contracts as you do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36428 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1620 Solutions

@AlistairM wrote:

As mentioned, the other family members don't have accounts, so they cannot log in.

I'm looking for a way to get them login credentials so they can check, but I don't see any way to do that.

As per the SMS every month:

"Just go to www.o2.co.uk/myo2/viewbill.  Turn off your wifi and you won't need a username or password."

Good luck, @AlistairM.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144960 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27803 Solutions

Exactly, like I said, use mobile data.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

pgn
  • 36428 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1620 Solutions

I can read, but others may have missed it 😁

Message 7 of 13

AlistairM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just been on the phone to O2 and it was confirmed to me that it is not possible.

Which is what I'd have guessed given I'd tried everything I could think of. The only way, I'm advised, is to give my family members my login details so they can log in as me. Pretty poor really.

Message 8 of 13

pgn
  • 36428 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1620 Solutions

That will change soon enough, @AlistairM, as VMO2 move you from the legacy billing system, where you could add multiple numbers to the same MyO2 account, to the new System 360 account - where each will get their own account: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

This restriction on multiple lines under one account will remain until the last subscriber is moved to the new system (behind schedule).

Message 9 of 13

AlistairM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info @pgn 

Message 10 of 13