Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Data Usage

Sharon5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What is it about high data usage on o2? I am on a 5GB tariff contract as previously I had a 20GB contact which was too expensive and was told that I only used less than 5GB. Now I am churning through my data and having to add on expensive bolt-ons. What happened to o2 wifi hotspots? They seem non-existent. I don't really want to connect to open networks. I have many questions. What is going on with the amount of data needed to access sites like YouTube to watch videos? What is going on with O2's mobile wifi and network connectivity? Can't a customer watch a couple of YouTube videos when they are out and about without having to add on data? And why is the next step up from a 5GB contract a contract with 20GB? What happened to 10GB contracts? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Sharon5 Watching YouTube videos will eat up your data quickly. See if there's anything in this guide that will help you: Tips to make the most of your mobile data - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharon5 Hi, To keep on top of your data usage use MYO2 to check daily usage, try to use a set amount per day - If for example you are on 20GB per month, try and use no more than 650MB per day to last the month out.

Message 3 of 3