cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success with 02 support after "hidden number" fiasco after a sim swap?

markyp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been with o2 for many years with no problems. Last week i renewed my pay monthly contract and they gave me an upgraded 5g sim card.Since then all my incoming numbers have been showing hidden numbers and my outgoing showing unknown to the receiver. Tried the sim in my wife's phone but the same result. Checked all the phone settings and all is fine. Called 202 and was told there was nothing wrong on my account and to go to the nearest shop. Went to the shop and was told nothing to do with them phone202!!! i eventually persuaded the guy in the shop to speak to them and they then said something on my account did need resetting but would take 24 hours.

Reading previous posts i am not to confident this will happen. Anyone had any success in this procedure?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Have you done the SIM Swap needed to move the number from your 4G SIM to your new 5G one, @markyp?

Can be done from your MyO2, works like a charm!

20919.png

Took 5 minutes.

Message 2 of 10

markyp
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes this was done in store(twice) but still the problem persists. It has really came to a head as due to the nature of my employment, I can not answer any calls if i do not know the caller ID. unfortunately yesterday a friend took seriously ill and his wife was trying to contact me but i was unable to answer my phone as i was unable to take a call from a hidden number. Customer service is nothing short of appalling.

Message 3 of 10

pgn
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Some have reported all was sorted within a few days of doing what you describe.

All I can suggest is to keep pinging O2 via Social Media (see link just below this post for the options), if you use it, about this issue. You can call, but even at 08:00 UK time, it might take a few tries to get someone to work with you to a fix. 

Message 4 of 10

markyp
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately i will have to keep trying to call as again my employment does not allow me to have social media accounts (twitter, Facebook etc) As i am still within the 14 day cooling off period for my new pay monthly contract i will reluctantly have to look for a new supplier if its not resolved in the next couple of days.

Message 5 of 10

pgn
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

The 14-day thing is a great fallback idea, if you have it, use it. Good luck, @markyp!

Message 6 of 10

markyp
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well they told me it would be sorted in 24hrs......total lies.now got another escalation number but no indication of how long this will take.Because of the employment which unfortunately I carnt go into I am now unable to use my phone for incoming calls.

Message 7 of 10

markyp
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick update....popped into the O2 store in the metro center and the guy was outstanding trying to help me out.he spoke to technical on my behalf but unfortunately they didn't seem to have a clue and said they would get back to me within five working days. What a load of old bu$$✓!!?.feel heartly sorry for the staff in the shops with these clowns behind the scenes.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

NRDF19
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you have any success because I have the same issue?

Message 10 of 10