cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has AT&T stopped O2 connecting in US Los Angeles - SOS HPLMN?

Goibs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I frequently travel to the US but recently I've found myself having no connection in LA, I have to manually roam to T-Mobile to get any network/service.

Does O2 have issues with AT&T?

Would it make sense that my HPLMN list is still forcing my phone to connect to AT&T? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Goibs 

T Mobile has been the favoured network for a while now.

We have been advising customers to use it instead of AT&T.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Goibs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have O2 issued any comms relating to this? I have a few other business partners who suffer the same issue but O2 seem very reluctant to say anything.

Are they also going to update the HPLMN list to auto connect to T-Mobile instead of going to SOS.

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Goibs 

They dont need to as in some parts of the US AT&T works better than T-Mobile, looking at Vegas and Hawai'i and the Raleigh Triangle..

And AT&T is still a roaming partner, and checking the devices I manage I can see 30 devices roaming happily on AT&T and another 50 or 60 roaming happily on T-Mobile...

If you want to raise to your enterprise account manager then let them know...  (assuming you have an enterprise contract) or your business account manager.

I dont think I have seen a HPLMN network update for about 6 or 7 years, as they mostly get ignored by handsets now adays

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Goibs 

No idea.

You'd need to ask O2 that Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Goibs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both @madasaf1sh @MI5 

Message 6 of 6