Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handset locked

Paulrb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi due to issues and misinformation from o2 some weeks ago I was advised my handset was unlocked, but it wasn't. I ported to sky and immediately lost service. Now informed due to putting incorrect network unlock key in 4 times my counter is at zero on sim service and can't use an unlock code. O2 community advised someone could provide a master reset so I can unlock. I'm desperate as have no phone since last Thursday and am isolated at home with no contact other than Internet WiFi. Please advise.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23312 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

@Paulrb Fortunately these days, if you have WiFi you aren't completely cut off. You can download Skype for free and use it to call anyone else who also has it for free, or buy credit to make inexpensive calls to any number. You can even get a phone number that people can call you on. The only thing you can't do is call the emergency services.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Paulrb , yes we can get someone on our end to liaise with the phone manufacturer for a master unlock code, although this can take longer now due to the crisis situation unfortunately. I'll drop you a private message here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details to be able to pass this on.

Message 4 of 4