Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting someone else's bills emailed to me

zxcvbnm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

NOT about this account but to another email address I have. This is just a payg sim I'm using as you have to in order to post on this forum...

For the last few years I have been getting unsolicited monthly bills for some stranger on O2 emailed to me. While not a vast inconvenience it is annoying and someone must not be getting their bills. You would really think they would verify email addresses?

Its picked up in the last few days as this stranger has upgraded to an Iphone 13 so I'm getting a flurry of contract and financial stuff.

Does anyone have any idea of how to stop this? I am happy to provide the my email that's being incorrectly spammed to an O2 person if they can track it down and remove it from their system...

I have tried telephoning O2 customer services but they just say they will pass it along but don't seem sure of what to do. Nothing happens afterwards.

I have tried an O2 online chat but again they don't seem to know how to correct this and tend to resort to hiding behind security questions which of course I can't answer because they don't know who I am (which is the point).

I tried emailing the O2 phishing team mentioned in one email but it just bounced back and said that department was closed.

I asked if they had a data protection department I could complain to as it can't be great to spam random people with a customers personal details but they said while they had such a department it was private and I was not allowed to know the departments contact details. Which was really rather ironic considering.

Anyway any ideas on how to make it stop? Its been several years now! 

(And again its not the email on this account but I would be happy to share it with an O2 representative).

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@zxcvbnm 

I'll ask one of our account advisors to look into this for you. @O2Georgina is on tomorrow at 8am.

She will want some account information from you. This will be dealt with via private message tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I will tag one of the O2 online account advisors who will pick this up tomorrow and get in touch with you. 

@O2Georgina can you please advise @zxcvbnm?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thankyou fort he tag @Cleoriff 

@zxcvbnm  I will send you a private message now so we can look in to this

signature
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

zxcvbnm
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I have replied to Georgina. 

Message 6 of 8

zxcvbnm
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well while Georgina kindly said she would send my details to the back office for rectifying it does not seem to have had any effect sadly... I am still getting bills and details of attempts to purchase mobile phones from my doppleganger who is now attempting an O2 refresh deal.

Anyone have any ideas? It seems a petty thing to complain to the ombudsman about but perhaps that is the only way?  You would think it would be easy to fix but there seems no way to get to a person who can fix it?

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@zxcvbnm As attempts to make purchases are happening this is something that should be reported to the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8