Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro lte

Ricky1750
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, I have received a Galaxy Watch5 Pro LTE, everything is working when connected over Bluetooth and I wanted to enable the watch to Connect when away from the phone.

I see there are several (really one, very detailed) explanations on how to make it work, so I went to an O2 shop, got the esim and installed it in the watch, but not much luck:

When the watch was away from the phone I coukd connect to the network (show O2 with good signal, cloud icon, have data as can download etc), I would not receive incoming calls or text when phone was called, but could send and receive (although the sender would be the watch esim number and would receive text on the watch esim nimber only). No way to make calls from the watch (error is "emergency calls only") but would receive calls (on the watch esim number). Asked for support O2 sent me another esim, swapped and activated, now everything works when connected to the phone, when not connected I have data working, I can send text (and they appear with the phone  ikber as sender) and receive text when the phone gets one. I don't receive calls when phone gets one or make calls (error is "Only emergency calls can be made").

I followed the guide step by step, except for one bit (Next go to your mobile and in settings, advanced, turn on the switch to use your mobile data on other devices) because there Is no such option on the phone (wondering if that is a Samsung phone option, I have a pixel 5).

Before I keep trying with O2 support, do you think there is something missing in the phone/esim setup/provisioning or are calls supported only if you have a Samsung Phone? Since the watch was receiving calls with the first esim I guess it should work but at this point it seems O2 is struggling to fix it.. thanks!

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ricky1750
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I had them working as this time, i.e. bypassing the phone number. Unfortunately apparently the key is the Samsung Galaxy advanced option.. if you look at my screenshot there is a Google Cloudsync feature enabled.  According to Google support this does the same the Samsung option does, unfortunately to text only (which is why it works), it doesn't work for calls.

So the optione are apparently:

A) Use a Samsung phone (or one that has the advanced setting option)

B) Use an esim on the watch without sharing the number with your phone

C) Use an operator that allows to share the number and plan over multiple esim (this would also allow to use the watch with the phone completely disconnected).

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Ricky1750 

I wouldn't have bothered if you don't have a Samsung Phone, as there are a lot of issues with the Pixel and None Samsung Phones.  Unfortunately its not something o2 can fix..

Have you downloaded the Samsung Wear App at all to the Pixel, and checked for the settings in the App?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Ricky1750 

Seems like you've tried all the obvious things so I'll ask @O2Emma to take a look for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Ricky1750
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, yes I have the Samsung wear app, if I go to mobile plans I can see the plan as in service, details show a whole bunch of stuff and both the phone and the pixel phone listed.

Message 4 of 21

Ricky1750
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you!

Message 5 of 21

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks 

Hi @Ricky1750 I can look into this for you can you check on your phone if you have this option

Settings On Your Phone
Settings> Advanced Features> Call And Text On Other Devices - Enable

If you have downloaded the Samsung Wearable App can you go To The Wearable App On Your Phone
1) Watch Settings> Advanced Features> Remote Connection Turn On - Enable
Now here's the bit where I think it goes wrong for most people not being aware of this next step.
2) Where you just enabled the Remote Connection, stay there but this time tap on the text that says "Remote Connection" rather than selecting the toggle switch.
3) You will now enter a sort of hidden menu that contains a switch called "Calling" and it says "Make and receive calls on your watch without a Bluetooth connection to your phone". This needs to be enabled. It takes a few seconds to activate.

signature
Message 6 of 21

Ricky1750
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you Emma, unfortunately that option does not seem to exist in my Pixel phone (actually there is no Advanced Features at all in Settings). I have also tried to explore menus to see if it is in any other place, but was not able to find it (hence my question if a Samsung phone is required. Apart from this issue the Galaxy watch seems to work perfectly with the Pixel). I have checked the Samsung phone of a friend and I can totally see that menu, my Pixel doesn't have it.

About the Wear app on the phone, I tried that too, but again the content is different (perhaps very similar though) if I tap remote connection a new page appears with

Screenshot_20230404-205710.png

Thank you again,

Ricky

Message 7 of 21

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@Ricky1750 If you phone has not got the option for allowing calls on other devices then it is not compatible you would then really need a Samsung phone to be able to use the watch fully .

signature
Message 8 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Ricky1750 

As you said it did work previously it must not be a compatibility issue.

Have you tried Google for help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 21

Ricky1750
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes the odd thing Is before the esim swap i could receive calls and speak using the watch in standalone mode, although only if the watch was called on the esim number (like if it was not synced with the phone esim number). I never managed to make calls though. 

I have not tried with Google because before getting the new esim something didn't seem quite right, now the new esim works much better (for everything everything except voice calls actually). I will also try with Google support.

Thanks again, Ricky 

Message 10 of 21