Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five Digit Numbers

Tica
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, apologies if this is a duplicate post, not sure where my last post went. I am really regretting renewing last month, my upgrade feels like a downgrade, I lost travel (sorted) the phone is really inferior (glad short term selected - had no choice as mine died) but now I can't send texts to five digit numbers as the number is not formatted correctly??? It worked previously, I don't have a premium message bar nor a spend cap, any ideas? Asked C/S but didn't get v far and no one is available currently to assist me

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Guide: Spend caps on O2 probably has some of what you need, @Tica.

What make and model of phone, in case it is something enabled in the phone settings itself? 

Presumably Contract, and set up with the correct Contract Message Centre details as per Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received)?

Message 2 of 4

Tica
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do not have a spend cap so information about those won't help, when I upgraded I was asked if I wanted to add one, I said no and my last and only charge was £1.08 for two MMS messages but spend cap seems to be the standard reply. My phone doesn't have a block on premium numbers, I could send them last month but now the number is not formatted correctly is the message. I have and I regret having a Sony Xperia 10iii

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Ah. Any help in here of use to you?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/sony/xperia-10-iii

Sometimes force-stop the SMS Messaging app and clearing Cache for the app can help.

Message 4 of 4