Did you mean: 

Faulty SIM

Nally
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help.

I need to order a replacement SIM for my son's phone as it has stopped working. On My O2 it says that, in order to replace the SIM, codes will be sent to the phone, which is ridiculous as the phone can't receive any messages (due to the SIM not working).

The Live chat doesn't seem to work, so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Nally 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nally Available numbers to call are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

O2 aren't very much interested in talking to customers these days unless they're buying something or upgrading. If you want to discuss your issue with customer service, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

For any number you call you have to lie and use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud or Upgrade option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Nally
Did you manage to sort this out?
Message 4 of 4