Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed payment via the O2 app

RedQueenLizz196
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried to pay my bill today via the O2 app with confirmation through my Nationwide app.  The first time it failed so I tried again with the same method, and it failed again - it just froze and wouldn't go any further.

This afternoon I tried to pay via the app with my card reader (as I thought it might be an issue with the apps communicating) and it failed again!  I've been in touch with my bank and they confirm that the payments are in "pending".  Any advice?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@RedQueenLizz196 

Pending means not claimed by O2 and probably won't be either.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Modwolves
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exact same issue here.  Made a payment by card and had to authorise on Nationwide app.  The O2 app froze after this but the money has been deducted from my bank, and does not appear on the O2 account.  I did not get a confirmation email either.

Message 3 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@RedQueenLizz196 @Modwolves 

If the money is not "pending" but has actually left your account and hasn't been credited to your O2 account, I suggest that you leave it for a couple of working days to see if the transaction completes. There can be a delay. 

If it doesn't, you need to contact your bank to get the unique transaction identification number, which will probably be 18 digits in length. That number will come in handy when you contact O2 as suggested by @MI5.     

Message 4 of 7

Modwolves
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, thanks for the advice.  I'll give a week to see if it clears or bounces back before contacting the bank.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Modwolves 

Yes, don't leave it too long, two or three days should suffice for it to clear you bank and update O2's records. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

It's never going to happen now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7