Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending ring time before voicemail activates

Carlos49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like many others, either members of this forum or not, I have been unable to extend the ring time on my handset (Samsung Galaxy A33 5G) which I upgraded to about 5 weeks ago. Since then I have made numerous phone calls to O2 support, checked this forum, and eventually lodged a complaint with O2. The main reason for raising a complaint though was due to the fact that promised phone calls from O2 agents were never returned, and that no one seemed to be owning this issue. Each time I contacted O2 I was taken through all the usual procedures for entering the MMI code, rebooting the phone, etc etc. I was told at least 4 times that the agent needed to complete a form to submit to the technical team to raise this issue, and I am sure these forms were submitted. I have only just been informed this morning by a member of the network team that they are in fact aware of the issue. However it is a low priority matter, and a fix is expected to be rolled out across the network by the end of January 2023. So my message to this forum is twofold. First, don't waste your time trying to extend the ring time as this will not work at present. Second, and perhaps more importantly, can O2 at least circulate this simple news to their live chat and support agents so that no more time and frustration is spent unnecessarily?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

We know there is an issue using MMI codes if WiFi calling is enabled on your account @Carlos49 

Have you checked to see if it is set up on your phone/account?

You will need to get it removed, then use the codes tomorrow, then get it enabled again the day after (if you want/need it).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Carlos49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj, thanks for your post. That was one of the first things I tried after finding it on this forum. It still didn’t work. In any event, the network agent told me that as this is a known technical issue waiting to be fixed, no workaround will have any effect. We’ll just have to wait!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Carlos49 

It's been a "known technical fault" for about 3 years now so don't hold your breath!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4