Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim Data Issue

Tootlesahoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I'm about to pull my remaining hair out with O2. I replaced my SIM with an esim to use the dual SIM on my phone. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Since then I've been unable to connect to 4G. I've seen others with the same problem here and the fix appears to be a disconnect and reconnect to the O2 network. But I can't get anyone from O2 to help. I've been sent a replacement esim, which was the same. I've tried the suggestions...deleting the esim and resetting the network settings. When I first called O2 they stated they'd raise it with the tech team and I'd receive a reply in 5 days. I heard nothing. I've opened chats and called several times. Nobody will disconnect and reconnect the service. Today I called again and they went through the same suggestions and said that it would take up to 30 days for an answer from the tech team. 

I know this is a user to user forum, but I wanted to vent. I'm feeling very let down with the service. I'm a driving instructor and I rely on my data. Does anyone have any suggestions as I'm at a loss of what to try other then cancelling my service. Isn't this something O2 should have sorted out by now?  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

Sadly we can do nothing here except sympathise.

Keep pestering O2 until you find someone to help.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

When you say can't connect to 4G. Do you mean a 4G signal or are you talking data? (people do get mixed up)

If it's data then O2 would be looking in the wrong place if you said 4G 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

Makes no difference what O2 are looking for.

It's a known issue with esims that will not reconnect to data when leaving a wifi signal or when switching between bands.

As @Tootlesahoy has stated, the fix is a network reset account side which can only be done by tech services.

Toggling airplane mode will reconnect but it's no fix to have to do this everytime the data connection changes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

I believe that you Customer Service experience has been unacceptable and I suggest that you consider making a formal complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Please take note of Resolver in the first link. the have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes. 

Message 5 of 19

Tootlesahoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone. Sorry about the lack of reply. Our daughter was taken into hospital...bit preoccupied...she's getting better though.

Thank you for your replies. Some excellent advice. I am sorry I wasn't clear about 4G/Data. I could get calls and texts, but no internet and the 4G icon disappeared. I didnt realise it was classed as different (4G is not data) but O2 did ask me in detail regarding this. Unfortunately it's now gotten worse. I attempted to reinstall the esim, but now the qrcode is not valid. I currently have no service and am using my business line. I'm left with a 30 minute wait and chat is too busy. I think I'll try resolver and/or possibly changing service...I just feel that o2 has had its chance and I'm spending too much time on this. Now they cannot even contact me until a new esim comes and I haven't the will to continue. Meh.

Message 6 of 19

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

Sorry to hear of your daughter's issues - hopefully all will be well soon.

Whether or not you leave O2, please keep us updated on developments. It is always interesting to learn as to how things are resolved, even if that is with a different network.   

Message 7 of 19

Tootlesahoy
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. She's improving now, thanks.

I've started a complaint via resolver rather than get back in touch. If they fix it, it's probably just easier to remain with o2...and then I'll review my options when I replace my handset. I just cannot fathom why they haven't yet dealt with this issue...it's not an isolated incident and it's not a new issue either. Never had a problem for many years and then just o2 are incapable of implementing what appears to be such a simple fix in a timely manner. Oh well. I appreciate the help on here though. Thanks again.

Message 8 of 19

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 9 of 19

Tootlesahoy
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update. I received a confirmation of my resolver complaint 9 days ago but heard no more. Asked twice on Twitter, no response. I've heard nothing else. Checked Spam. My phone line was completely disconnected after I tried it in another handset and I did receive another esim through the post, but I can't receive text message to swap the sim. I attempted chat several times, but I don't get connected and told to try later. Then I called twice. One time put on hold 30 minutes and another 45. I waited for about 10, but gave up. I don't have the time to sit on hold unfortunately. I'm just a bit stuck now. 

Message 10 of 19