Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim Data Issue

Tootlesahoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I'm about to pull my remaining hair out with O2. I replaced my SIM with an esim to use the dual SIM on my phone. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Since then I've been unable to connect to 4G. I've seen others with the same problem here and the fix appears to be a disconnect and reconnect to the O2 network. But I can't get anyone from O2 to help. I've been sent a replacement esim, which was the same. I've tried the suggestions...deleting the esim and resetting the network settings. When I first called O2 they stated they'd raise it with the tech team and I'd receive a reply in 5 days. I heard nothing. I've opened chats and called several times. Nobody will disconnect and reconnect the service. Today I called again and they went through the same suggestions and said that it would take up to 30 days for an answer from the tech team. 

I know this is a user to user forum, but I wanted to vent. I'm feeling very let down with the service. I'm a driving instructor and I rely on my data. Does anyone have any suggestions as I'm at a loss of what to try other then cancelling my service. Isn't this something O2 should have sorted out by now?  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

I cannot find any timescales elucidated on the Resolver website. However, O2 say :-

"If we’re unable to agree on a resolution, or we take more than 8 weeks to respond, you may wish to escalate this by contacting the relevant Ombudsman....". 

Hence, I think that you can take it that for Resolver to facilitate a satisfactory outcome with O2, we are talking about weeks rather than days.

Please keep us updated.    

Message 11 of 19

Tootlesahoy
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well now. Just a short while after posting previously, I decided to try calling O2 again. The automated service had a little difficulty understanding me and put me through to an advisor first time. I calmly relayed the entire situation and he was absolutely brilliant. He registered my SIM, called back within 30 minutes to see it was working and then put me on hold whilst he contacted his manager to give him a disconnection code and he stated that I'd be due some recompense without a prompt or request from me. I was told it could take 24 hours to reconnect and he stated he will call tomorrow when he starts his shift. I have just reset my esim and my data is working. What an absolute treat that advisor was. Just shows how getting the right person on the line makes a huge difference.  

I can't forgive O2 making it so difficult to contact them. I wish they'd get this esim issue under control too. I'm just relieved to get my line and data connection working again. It's been a huge concern for the past month. I've tried not to get angry about this. I understand these things happen too, but I feel I've been more than patient. Nevermind. Sorted now. I just have to decide what to do when my contract is up...after all, this is really the only problem I've had with O2...but it was pretty bad. Thanks again for all the support. 

Really appreciated being allowed to bend your ears too. 

Message 12 of 19

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36557 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Super news! Persistence and multi-vectored requests: Chat, phone, Social Media - how many are doing the same, soaking up cycles that O2 Customer Support could do with pointing at the real issues people have? Glad you seem to be on the way to a conclusion, @Tootlesahoy.

Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145101 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Good news @Tootlesahoy 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

Glad you are sorted. 

Just bear in mind when your contract ends that the Customer Service might not be any better elsewhere. For example, take a look at Three's community forum and read the complaints and cries for help on there.  

If you decide that you really must leave O2 but their network works for you, you consider either Sky or Tesco. Both are MVNOs who operate on O2's network and have good customer service satisfaction scores. My personal experience with Tesco was excellent.

However, you'll need to ensure that you are signing-up like for like. For example, I left Tesco PAYG and moved to O2, only to find that whilst the former make 5G available on PAYG, the latter do not.      

Message 15 of 19

Tootlesahoy
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh I know what you mean. No point cutting off your nose and all that. I originally moved from EE due to an issue and to be fair, O2 has been pretty good up until this. I was starting to believe the only way to solve this was to close the account. 

The thing is. The chap today, he was so professional and to the point. He checked the case, didn't ask me to try the steps already taken...he listened, and dealt with it. It was sorted in no time and he went a long way to restore my faith in good customer service. Having worked in CS myself, I understand that there can be issues out of your control or incorrect information to work from. There's little point ranting at the person on the line, but I do believe that the previous two calls and multiple chats could have been handled better. The frustration of getting hold of someone to help doesn't build confidence in the service.

One call which I completely forgot about until just now. Mid call, I was asked to wait until they checked something and I got the...'we're now closed message' and the line went dead.  I appear to have tried to purge that from my memory. 

Anyway. It's fixed now. I'm mightily relieved and hope that O2 address this issue to save any other poor sap going through the same as myself. All for an esim. 

Message 16 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy 

What's the phrase : act at speed, repent at leisure ?

If you decide to leave O2, make sure that you are leaving for the right reasons and going somewhere that will be an improvement. 😀

Message 17 of 19

SB17-24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Tootlesahoy   I’m having the EXACT same issue with O2. With shoddy customer service. Mainly by their tech team. No one calling back. 

What did you ask the customer service team to do exactly? I’ll try my luck and guide them the same way. Hope it resolves as it a real inconvenience just now. 

Message 18 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SB17-24 

You need to tag @Tootlesahoy

Message 19 of 19