Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM not able to get one due to ongoing network or internal systems fault

helicopter_red
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Is there any news regarding obtaining an ESIM?

I have taken out a new contract with O2 and require an ESIM however i tried customer service and they couldn't sort so was told to go into a shop and they could not sort it either, telling me the system was down due to a known issue with no fix date 

I'm almost 2 weeks into my new contract now, that i have not been able to use, so paying for a service i am unable to access.

Is there any way somebody with Tech expertise can resolve this? 

I fear that i wont be able to port my number or cancel the contract if this goes beyond a month.

Thank you

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If you are on the new 360 system you can get an eSIM via the Web version of My O2. If you go into the menu and scroll down there is a SIM section and a menu entry to swap your SIM. It should be offered there

If your on the old system only shops and O2 direct I'm afraid.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122985 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@helicopter_red 

I'm still on the old billing system and having checked My O2, I'm unable to get an esim from there.

Best bet is to go back instore with ID and they can change it for you quickly.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/esim 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122985 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Whoops, apologies @Enlli.

No one had posted when I started my reply.

Checking My O2 delayed my response 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

helicopter_red
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have no idea which system i am on?

I have tried the App, i was shown how to when i visited the store but that comes up with an error code,  Error 500

The store tried their system and could not do anything and Telephone customer support are unable to action anything either so nothing is giving me any clues as to what system i am on at present, and nobody seems to be able to resolve anything, so what the store has told me seems to be plausible.

Message 5 of 10

helicopter_red
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff, i have been into the store and they were unable to resolve for me, I have chased Customer support today and still not able to resolve.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@helicopter_red 

You can get a physical sim until the esim issue is resolved?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

This is the problem. There is two systems running at present and it seems that if the shop and the customer are on different systems they cannot do anything.

Try My O2 online version as you can't do it from the app at present.

Guess I'm fortunate, and got mine set up in 10 min

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 10

helicopter_red
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No unless O2 want to give me a phone.

I have to keep a physical sim for work so need my private number to be an esim, this is to use in an Iphone with esim compatibilities, this is how i am currently set up now.

Message 9 of 10

helicopter_red
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried online and i don't get the same options as the App, it just tells me to log into My O2 to do a sim swap, even though i am already logged in. 🙁

Message 10 of 10